Thursday, January 20, 2011

Microwave Brownies

I've had this recipe for a few years now, but I've always been hesitant to try them! I was very skeptical that microwave brownies could be any good. But they are! They're amazing! If you can resist, they taste even better the next day.

Microwave Brownies
- 2/3 c. margarine
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 c. flour

Cream the butter, sugar, and egg together. Add remaining ingredients except flour and mix well. Gradually add in flour. The batter will be very thick. Pour into an ungreased round glass pie plate. Microwave on high for 5 minutes (the recipe says 4, and in my microwave it takes 6, so make sure to check it for doneness). Make sure it's not too doughy in the middle (I always check with my finger - careful - it's hot!). I've found that if you lightly press on it and it does not stick that means it's cooked enough. Let cool for 15-20 minutes. At first it seems like it has a cake-like consistency, but let it cool and it's more fudgy. This is a delicious super quick treat! Careful...it's addicting!

(Source: Linda L.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have never heard of this but am definately going to have to try it out, thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete